Sunday, February 14, 2010

"You look like a Simpson's character."

Ok, for my first real post (and in honor of Facebook doppelgangers), I thought I'd start off with one of my favorites.

It's one thing to tell a girl that she looks like someone you know. It's another thing to tell her she looks like someone that's famous. It's a completely different ball game if you tell a girl that she looks like a yellow cartoon character that has enormous eyes and a spiked head.

I was at a party once and a guy (a friend) came up to me and said "Hey...you know what you look like?" I knew that the answer couldn't be anything I was hoping for once he said 'what' and not 'who'. I'm not sure if I even asked for the punchline. His next sentence was "You look like a Simpson's character."

Seriously? Even if I was 2-dimensional with blue, fallic-shaped hair, you DON'T tell someone they look like a member of the Simpsons unless it's October 31st. I'm pretty sure my initial response was thinking I didn't hear him correctly. Maybe he was trying to say something in relation to Jessica or Ashlee or OJ? Something better than Bart, Lisa, Marge or Homer...

Nope. I heard him correctly. My next reaction was to take an immediate poll of the party and ask which of the two of us looked more like a cartoon character. Of course everyone said he did, because he actually does look like a caricature of himself. Needless to say, he ended up looking like an idiot.

Really, don't tell a girl they look like a cartoon unless you're referring to a Disney princess or Jessica Rabbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment