Monday, February 15, 2010

"You have a decent face..."

I feel like this quote speaks for itself in the way that it's still unfathomable to me that somebody said this.

My friends and I are in a collegiate all-female acappella group, and we pride ourselves on, not only being talented, but also easy on the eyes. Sometimes we host all-male groups from other schools if they are on tour or whatever....we house them, provide all of the necessities for a good night & most likely, we've never met them until they show up at our doorstep. When they leave, we mentally categorize them on one of three lists:

1. Hell Yeah
2. Sure, Why Not?
3. Hell No

List 1 contains groups who are ridiculously fun, talented, hott & well mannered (VERY hard to come by). We drop anything else for an opportunity to host a List 1 group. List 2 is where most of them fall...a good time, sound pretty good and a couple of attractive ones. You know, they're in the area, so sure...why not? It'll be fun. List 3 is groups that we blacklist...they're painful to listen to, awkward or bizarre, they break stuff in our houses & they try to roofy us. Yes, it's happened.

About a month ago, we hosted a group of guys from Drew University. They stayed at my house, we gave them free food, etc...and just when they were teetering between Lists 1 & 2, one single member made the entire group's reputation plummet to List 17.

My good friend Colleen is a beautiful girl. Shiny blonde hair, big brown eyes, beautiful smile, etc. She I were talking to this guy and telling him how he reminds us of someone we know...blah blah blah. As the conversation progressed, he then proceeded to tell her that she has a "decent face". When she responded with a shocked look, he replied "I mean...I'm sure you have a great personality." My reaction was one of confusion, because I didn't know whether or not he was kidding. I just assumed he was, because I didn't think anyone could be that rude. Or stupid. He then turned to me and said, "Oh you don't like that? Wait until you hear what I have to say about you..."

The entire group of guys apologized on this one member's behalf for the rest of the night saying that he was "socially awkward" and had "no filter". If that's so, then why'd they let him out of his cage?

Don't they know he is singlehandedly ruining any chance they have to get with any girl EVER?

No comments:

Post a Comment