Saturday, March 6, 2010

"Is that a new shirt? It makes you look better..."

My friends and I have lately been discussing the fact that we all repeatedly "date down". All of my friends are without a doubt at least 9/10's, if not perfect catches: gorgeous, talented, intelligent, charming, etc. I don't know if it's the pool of men we're constantly surrounded with, or if it's the fact that we've been stuck at a school where the female to male ratio is 70/30 for so long that we've all grown permanent beer goggles. We constantly finding ourselves shlepping around with 5's, 6's and the occasional 4 or 7. It's truly because in the collegiate bubble in which we are currently trapped, there aren't 10's on every street corner. And some of us get tired of hunting.

Anyway, I recently heard this scenario between my good friend and her boyfriend. Now don't get me wrong, he's a great guy and we all love him, but at first sight, you'd never match up the two. My friend was wearing a shirt she hadn't in a long time. Her boyfriend asks "Is that a new shirt?" and she replies "No...I just haven't worn it because it's got short sleeves, and it's cold outside". His response? "Oh...well, it makes you look better."

Excuse me? Better than what? Better than your other girlfriend? Better than you? Because that's not hard. I hope what he meant was 'better' as in an 11 out of 10, instead of a 10 out of 10.

What's wrong with just saying, "you look nice" or "I like that shirt"? Come on, guys. You have to think these things through. If you're gonna say 'better', it better be before something like 'than Megan Fox'.

3 comments:

  1. YOU HAVE A BLOG! I LOVE IT! I love YOU!

    ....Did I ever tell you the 'stop lollygagging' story??

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLLI how did I just discover this. I love it.

    love,
    Casals

    ReplyDelete
  3. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! It gets me every time.

    ReplyDelete